This website specialises in digital quilting patterns for Statler Stitcher, CompuQuilter and
Thousands of designs for computerised longarm quilting machines are available for immediate download.
Well - I have gone mad on Hunter's Stars this month!
Some time ago someone wanted one - which I did and put up on the website, but in the process I had drawn (on paper) almost another 2 dozen of them.
My drawing arm is currently out of use - but my digitising one is not (for some reason I use a mouse in the other hand). Hence - if I have a drawing already done, I can use this time to get on and digitise those designs which have been so patiently waiting.
So - I am well underway in getting several of these completed - but in the process have found that there are an infinite number of differently proportioned Hunter's Star blocks. What I have done is to digitise my designs for the most popular proportions - and have done a catolgue page explaining them. Included are designs for many of the different sized blocks which can be made using the Rapid Fire ruler from 'Studio 180 Design'. There are also some designs for the traditionally proportioned blocks.
To find them all in the General Patterns area - enter 'HStar' into the Name Search filter
I found this photo of a wonderful antique Carnival Glass bowl
It may take me a while to convert all of these drawings into patterns which will work on the machine, but aren't they just grand? Patterns will gradually be added to the website - including ones which are not illustrated below.
A very traditional style of glass bowl which has been the inspiration for several patterns. Two of them have ended with a bit of a modern twist to them.
The two arc patterns were done first - just to have a play. These were made more useful by formatting them as p2p patterns.
Then I went on to the border design. This I considered a little plain if it was left as per bowl -
I wanted to spice it up a bit, so circles - or pearls went on the top of each of the 'fan tips'.
One of our special design areas is:
capital letters - small letters - numbers - punctuation - symbols - words - names
Sharon Perry has developed this script style of lettering over a number of years.
• letters are clear, smooth and regular
• letters flow seamlessly from one to the other
• cursive, single line and continuous stitching
• all have been digitised using the same size grid - they fit together with no fuss or bother
• downloadable instructions available from the 'Info & Free' page
Personalise your quilts - have them tell a story!
Many other types of patterns are also available.
We are especially proud of the development of patterns for what can otherwise be very difficult areas.
Solutions are achieved mainly through the focus given to the p2p (line pattern) function:
• builders - especially useful for sashings
- once masquerading as regular blocks - now reformatted into p2p patterns
- they require 2 passes to be 'built'
- quickly placed and extremely accurate at intersections.
- if the machine head can get in and all the sashes are connected - they will sew out with just one start/finish.
• p2psu (point to point set up)
regular blocks - reformatted so they can be placed (or set up) using the p2p function.
- extremely useful for situations such as the chain in a Double Irish Chain, placement in hexagons, etc.
• sashes - which will not overstitch
designed for ease and success at intersections.
Where they turn or cross over each other:
- their corners are self-turning and
- their main design elements will not stitch on top of each other.
Illustrations clearly show what occurs at the intersections.
-------------- other things yet to be added --------------
• completed quilts - for purchase
• along with patchwork patterns (for making the quilts)
• and for a change of scene, there will be some embroidery patterns for sale
| Paypal is used as the gateway for payment.
You do not have to be a Paypal customer though.